Moving can be a real bitch. Those of you that have done it, you must certainly feel my pain. Basically, you manage to box up all your stuff, somehow load it into a truck, ship it to wherever it needs to go, and then unpack and put it all away. Now that I have finished demeaning you with the obvious, I should add that it really is hard work. I now know how the Hermit Crab feels when it is looking for a new home. According to Wikipeida: "A hermit crab with a shell which is too tight cannot grow as fast as hermit crabs with well-fitting shells, and is more likely to be eaten." Jeeze, if we were crustaceans Bill Gates would cannibalize us all.
One of the things that makes moving the most frustrating is the fact that I am a very impatient person. I want everything to get done right away, right now. Unfortunately, that is often not the case. We made good time coming back, but now here it is, five weeks later, and there are still boxes everywhere. I seriously wonder if people were to break in and see the place as it was if they would even deem it worth their time, or simply go rob the neighbors. Only recently have I finally found the time to sit down and have a good old fashioned un-pack. Things generally get put back into order, but recently I have found that the place I am in now has much more wall space than my old place. Translation: I either need pictures or a couple big-ass flat screen televisions to cover up all the empty space. Being on a budget...pictures it is.

When you wake up, you will either freak out or have a seizure with this by your bed... Shopping for pictures though is actually much harder than you would think. I've been up and down pretty much to every place in town and found nada, ziltch, nill, zero. Every time I find something that I think might work, I see the $400 price tag attached to it. I seriously don't feel like paying that much money for a framed picture. Like I said earlier, I'd rather have a television. I think the problem boils down to the fact that I don't have even the slightest clue as to how to decorate a house. That's a problem. I know the basics: stay away from any sort of floral paraphernalia and wicker furniture, but aside from that I'm generally clueless. Maybe I should adhere to the stereotype which states that I need either those guys from Queer Eye or a vagina to be able to decorate a house properly. Not having either, I'm pretty much screwed. |